Friday, February 2, 2018

Nice Surprise

Today Carol and I went for our weekly lunch.  We went to Rosabella's first but they were closed.  Since we were close to The Dutch, we decided to go there.  It was busy probably partly because Rosabella's was closed (and Chuckwagon was closed too).  All the smaller tables were gone so we got the okay to sit at the big table.  We had our coffee and were waiting for our lunch when a group of men came in.  We had told Joanne we would move if she needed us to.  By then there was a table in the corner open.  We moved and carried on waiting for our lunch.

Poor Joanne.  Her phone line was down so people who were planning to use debit, couldn't pay that way.  Carol was one.  I had been to the bank yesterday so I was prepared to pay for both of us.  

When I went to pay, we were told the men had paid our bill because we had been willing to change tables.  What a nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment