On March 1, I joined a Learn to Run class. It is a small class. There is the instuctor, me and a family of three. The wife and mother is a girl who was friends with my daughter when they were little. It has been fun getting re-acquainted with her.
The first couple of weeks, it was too icy to run outside so we used the treadmills in the gym. March 15 was our first outside run. Skye and her son stayed inside on the treadmills (I forget why and it doesn't really matter). Mike ran alone and I ran with the instructor. It was good. Later she suggested that Skye and I run together. We met one time the first week and probably did more walking than running but we were happy.
Skye had a little kitchen timer that she used for our intervals. I got one right after that.
Today Skye and I ran together. We did seven intervals of one minute walking and two minutes running. It was about round 4 that we decided we needed a two-minute walk. That helped and we were able to finish. We were both happy.
This week I want to run for 3 minutes and walk for a minute to see how I do. The Iron Hawk is in May. I need to be ready.
My son and daughter ran both ran a half marathon last year. I haven't told them yet, but I want to run a half marathon in 2015 to celebrate my 70th birthday. I have over a year to train. I CAN do it.


No comments:
Post a Comment