Happy Sparkversary to Me
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Member Since: 9/20/2004 Happy
plus
= 13 years.
[There is no emoticon for 13 years. Perhaps 13 is considered unlucky.
]
Do I remember that night 13 years ago when I 'discovered' SparkPeople? Not really except that I was checking sites for help with losing weight. I still do that and always come back to Spark People.
Have there been changes since that night? Yes, both for Spark People and for me. I have not reached a healthy weight (yet) but I am definitely healthier. I am still considered obese on the BMI chart. One of my goals is to become overweight on that chart. And though I have not reached a weight that is considered 'right' for me, I HAVE eliminated 35 pounds and kept it off.
September 20 is also the date for my first (as so far only) half marathon. This was 2 years ago. I wanted to do something significant to celebrate turning 70.

I am forever grateful to my friend for waiting until the end (my daughter and I were among the last to finish) to snap this picture. I was so excited and happy to finish. I had never done anything like that before joining Spark People. I read blogs and get inspired to try new things.
I have Spark friends I have actually met in person. It is my hope to meet others when the opportunity comes up.
Checking Spark People is something I do every day. (Back in 2004 I didn't always remember.) I am grateful to Chris Downie for getting this site started and for all he continues to do for us.
[There is no emoticon for 13 years. Perhaps 13 is considered unlucky.
Do I remember that night 13 years ago when I 'discovered' SparkPeople? Not really except that I was checking sites for help with losing weight. I still do that and always come back to Spark People.
Have there been changes since that night? Yes, both for Spark People and for me. I have not reached a healthy weight (yet) but I am definitely healthier. I am still considered obese on the BMI chart. One of my goals is to become overweight on that chart. And though I have not reached a weight that is considered 'right' for me, I HAVE eliminated 35 pounds and kept it off.
September 20 is also the date for my first (as so far only) half marathon. This was 2 years ago. I wanted to do something significant to celebrate turning 70.

I am forever grateful to my friend for waiting until the end (my daughter and I were among the last to finish) to snap this picture. I was so excited and happy to finish. I had never done anything like that before joining Spark People. I read blogs and get inspired to try new things.
I have Spark friends I have actually met in person. It is my hope to meet others when the opportunity comes up.
Checking Spark People is something I do every day. (Back in 2004 I didn't always remember.) I am grateful to Chris Downie for getting this site started and for all he continues to do for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment